Monday, August 25, 2014

Birthed by Boredom

Hey, this post's title could have been my blog name instead! But the blog name says it all, I suppose. I'm extremely bored today. And this is not just any ennui but, to quote Merriam-Webster, "the kind of ennui that comes from having too much time on one's hands and too little will to find something productive to do." (I'm thinking that may have actually come from classic literature, but who am I to accuse M-W of plagiarism?) 
In the past, when considering starting a blog, I've hemmed and hawed over what niche about which to write. In the end, I've decided that I'm too complex for niches. So those who follow my blog can expect to receive a variety of input about various topics. And, since I woke up this morning with this song in my head, let's start with music. I find this song to be sheer genius: the vocals, the use of the vocoder, and the fluctuating mood of the lyrics. Gives me the shivers every time I listen to it. Granted, it is not for everyone's tastes, but I hope you enjoy it. 



No comments:

Post a Comment